The stress linked to hearing loss might direct you to avoid social conditions and family gatherings because it is difficult to communicate with others. That’s why wearing a hearing aid helps improve social, emotional, and mental health whilst restoring relationships. <–more!–>
Your hearing aids are a significant part of continuing to do the things you enjoy in your community, so knowing when your hearing aids are still supplying the benefits you need or coming to us for an upgrade is an important part of keeping an active social life.
How Long Do Hearing Aids Last?
Generally, hearing aids may last between three and five years, based on the hearing aid style and a variety of other variables. In-the-ear (ITE) instruments function well for between four and five years, while behind-the-ear (BTE) devices tend to get a five to six-year support lifetime.
Factors like care and maintenance, exposure to moisture and high temperatures, and also the build quality of the device can increase or reduce the effective life cycle of your unit as well.
Reasons It May Be Time to Update Your Hearing Aids
In addition to the designed functionality and performance of your hearing instrument, there are several reasons to consider upgrading your hearing aids.
To get the most benefit possible from your hearing aids, you should take advantage of an upgrade in situations such as:
- An Expired Warranty — The cost of replacement and repair, should your device become damaged or lost, is an additional cost that most hearing aid wearers can not or don’t want to cover.
- Extensive Repair History — Proper maintenance and care are essential. Still, if your device has been in the shop a good deal, it’s best to replace it before repair costs become a major financial drain, especially if the unit is still in warranty.
- Availability of New Technology — hearing aids technology changes rapidly, which makes devices that are over five years old obsolete.
- Your Disposition Needs Have Changed — As you age or as your health issues change, your hearing care needs also alter; getting the maximum benefit from your device may need an upgrade.
- Adjustments to Your Occupation or Disposition — Many devices are better suited for a less busy lifestyle or job; when these conditions change, greater benefits may come from an update to another style of a device.
We Are Here to Assist You Keep Your Journey to Better Hearing
Maintaining your own relationships and enjoying an active and independent social life is one of the most important benefits offered by your hearing aids. Click here to learn more.
When they function as designed with suitable programming to meet your requirements, they provide a wide range of advantages. Getting the most from wearing hearing aids might require an update.
Luckily, Cornerstone Audiology has got the experience and expertise to know when your hearing aids are fulfilling your demands, or it’s time to create a change to an instrument that enhances your hearing care, they offer hearing tests, check them out.
Should you or a loved one is ready to upgrade their devices or need advice on your choices, contact the friendly staff in our Lubbock or Snyder clinic to find out how we can help support you on your next actions to better hearing.